Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!


From St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Church in Chicago.















With my camera battery practically dead, I stumbled into this church, which they keep open 24 hours a day.  I happened to go in only minutes before a Mass and for a small of a crowd as there was (maybe two dozen folks, it wasn't an actual holiday) I was able to experience one of the more elegant services that I have seen.  The decor and the lighting in the church only helped this matter.  As I recall, the lights were either off or heavily dimmed in the nave, which forced the eyes up to the splendidly decorated altar.

One more "Advent" post will come out sometime in the next couple weeks.







St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish
The Sanctuary of Divine Mercy


No comments:

Post a Comment